Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max*. Top with ground flax seed, hemp seed, cinnamon, fruit, honey, syrup, vanilla extract, nut butter, etc. Make one big pot and eat for the rest of the day. A pot packed with proteins, whole grains, vegetables and nuts..
Steel-cut oats have a chewy, hearty texture, and I prefer them hands down to rolled oats. Taking the extra step of browning the oats in butter gives the oatmeal a toasty, rich flavor and helps to keep it from sticking to the pot. See great recipes for Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max* too! Nowdays, you should can boil Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max* using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max*
- It’s 1 cup of organic bob's steel cut oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked Anasazi beans.
- It’s 2 Tsp of red quinoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded chicken meat.
- It’s 2 cups of cabbages or any leavy veggies you have.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrot, shredded.
- You need 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 3 of shiitake mushroom, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toasted nuts.
- Prepare 16 oz of homemade stock, any kind.
- You need 32 oz of filtered water.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish sauce.
Place a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Place the stackable pot or oven safe vessel onto the trivet. You've made dinner with your Instant Pot – now try it for breakfast! Protein packed Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal with eggs tastes like regular oatmeal but has a protein boost and is extra creamy.
Savory quinoa steel cut oat porridge *Instant Pot Max* step by step
- Clean up all veggies and prep them according to the instructions specified in the ingredients list above..
- Toast steel cut oats and quinoa in the pot using sauté function for about 1~2 minutes until aromatic. Keep stir to avoid burning. Remove toasted grains from the pot..
- Use the same sauté low temp function, sauté onion, mushroom and carrots in olive oil until onion is almost caramelized. Add tomatoes and cabbages in and keep sauté until veggies are withered. Salt a little bit to set the flavor..
- Now add toasted oats, quinoa, cooked beans. Pour in stock and water. Set high pressure on max pressure, quick release and time for 5 minutes..
- Once cooking is done, remove the lid, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper..
- Serve hot in a large bowl, top with chopped cilantro and crushed nuts..
Serve it sweet or savory – it's totally versatile. Have you ever added an egg to your oatmeal? Season with salt and pepper, and top oatmeal. Add plenty of chopped chives, and some crushed and whole pine nuts, then finish with a drizzle of olive oil. See great recipes for Instant mutton masala gravy !!!! too!