Nowdays, you should can make Fattet Mesakhan using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how the way you make that.
Ingredients of Fattet Mesakhan
- It’s of Chicken breasts x3, sliced and marinated for at least 3 hours in yogurt, 3 Tbsp olive oil, salt, black pepper, juice of 1 lemon and a sprinkle of paprika.
- You need of White pita bread or Lebanese bread cut into cubes and fried or roasted.
- It’s 1 Cup of Egyptian rice (or long grain rice).
- Prepare of Vermicelli.
- Prepare 3/4 C of Olive oil x.
- Prepare 1/3 C of Pine nuts x.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sumac x.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Pomegranate molasses x.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Onions x3, sliced.
- It’s of Sauce topping:.
- It’s 2 of pots of yogurt.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Tahini.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Labneh.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 C of cold water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
Fattet Mesakhan step by step
- Grill your marinated chicken, or fry till cooked (it dries up).
- Fry the onion sliced in the olive oil till softened, then add pine nuts, sumac, a bit of salt and pepper, and the pomegranate molasses. Then add your cooked chicken and give it all a good mix.
- In a pot, fry broken up vermicelli pieces till it browns, then quickly add your rice and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Give it a good stir. Then add 2 C of boiled water and salt and cook as normal.