Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy.
Nowdays, you should can make Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need of Chicken 3-4 boneless, skinless chicekn.
- Prepare of Eggs: 3 eggs- whisked.
- It’s of Cornstarch: 1/3 cup of CS.
- Prepare of Flour: 1/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare of Orang juice: 1 cup orange juice.
- You need of Sugar: 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Rice Vinegar/ white vinegar: 2 tablespoons of RV or WV.
- Prepare of Soy Sauce: 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s of Ginger: 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder: 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder or garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Red pepper flakes: 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes.
- You need of Orange Zest from 1 orange.
- You need of Corn starch: 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- It’s of Garnish.
- You need of Green Onions.
- You need of Orange Zest.
- Prepare of Baby Bok Choy.
Asian Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy step by step
- Sauce: In a medium pot, add the OJ, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper chili flakes. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl. Mix and whisk the cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons of water to form a paste. Then add to orange sauce and whisk together. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Once the sauce is thickened, remove heat and then add orange zest..
- To make chicken: Place flour and cornstarch in a shallow dish. Add salt if needed.
- Break and whisk the eggs in a separate dish..
- Dip chicken pieces in the mixture of egg and then flour mixture..
- In a medium pan with oil cook the chicken until golden brown. If greasy place chicken in paper towel. DO not cook chicken with orange sauce (will cause it to be gooey). Pour orange sauce on chicken and garnish chicken with orange zest and green onion. Use the leftover sauce on rice..
- Toss chicken with orange sauce. You may reserve some of the sauce to place on rice. Serve it with a sprinkling of green onion and orange zest, if so desired..
- Baby Bok Choy: wash and dry, then place BBC in medium pan with olive oil with lid until soft and roasted. Removed lip until seared on both sides..