General Tso Chicken & Rice.
Nowdays, you should can produce General Tso Chicken & Rice using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of General Tso Chicken & Rice
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breast, cubed.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of red chilli flakes.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of rice vinegar.
- It’s 3 Tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of jasmine rice.
General Tso Chicken & Rice instructions
- Toss the chicken with the quarter cup of flour and let sit while you mix the sauce ingredients..
- Put your jasmine rice in a pot with water and cook as directed on package..
- Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, and sugar in a small bowl and whisk together..
- Add the chicken to a pan with the oil and fry until crispy..
- Remove chicken from the pan..
- In a small pan add a tablespoon of the oil and add the chilli flakes, ginger and garlic. Cook until you smell the garlic..
- Add the sauce mixture and stir until slightly thickens (a few minutes).
- In a large bowl add the chicken and toss with the thickened sauce..
- Serve immediately over rice..