Yakotori Japanese Skewered Chicken.
Nowdays, you should can make Yakotori Japanese Skewered Chicken using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Yakotori Japanese Skewered Chicken
- You need 1 pound of skinless and boneless chicken thigh, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice wine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of scallions, for garnish.
Yakotori Japanese Skewered Chicken instructions
- In a large bowl, mix dark soy sauce, mirin, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Save about 1/3 of the sauce in a small bowl and set aside for later..
- Put the chicken thigh cubes in the bowl and mix. Marinate for about 1 hour..
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Thread the skewers through the chicken pieces then put the skewers in the fryer basket. Spritz some oil over the skewers and air fry at 380F (190C) for 10-12 minutes, flip once in the middle, until surface is slightly caramelized and the meat is cooked through..
- In the meantime, use a sauce pan to bring the previously set-aside sauce to boil. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Put the sauce in a small bowl to be used for dipping..