Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts. This versatile stuffed chicken breast dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr. In my first apartment, I started cooking chicken with feta and sundried tomatoes.
Browning the chicken in a skillet before baking gives it a beautiful golden color, and finishing it in the oven. A flavorful Mediterranean filling is baked inside low fat chicken breasts for a satisfying meal that won't make you feel guilty. Our Mediterranean chicken is stuffed with nutritious and tasty ingredients like kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and it's easy to prepare. Nowdays, you should can make Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cup of white mushrooms finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of black olives finely diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of dry oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of fresh basil leafs.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of goat cheese (I've used spreadable type, black pepper seasonned).
- You need 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
I used these chicken breasts to make mediterranean inspired chicken rice bowls, which I will be posting in the next few days. Pierce chicken with fork several times and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Today's Mediterranean chicken recipe came together very much on a whim. I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand.
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- Preheat oven at 400°..
- In a bowl, mix mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder and oregano, reserve..
- In an other bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, reserve..
- Cut chicken breasts length wise to make pocket, reserve..
- Spread goat cheese inside each chicken breast, on both sides..
- Cover inside of chicken breasts with fresh basil leafs, as needed..
- Fill in pocket with mushroom mix..
- Close pocket with toothpicks..
- Brush top and bottom of chicken breasts with oil and vinegar mix..
- Put on baking sheet covered with parchemin paper and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Broil for couple of minutes..
- Serve with side salad and hot bread or any sidedish you want..
The flavor inspiration here is Greek, featuring classics like garlic, lemon juice, tomatoes, olives and feta. This is one chicken breast recipe that you can certainly tweak to. Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe: This versatile dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. This tasty Mediterranean-Stuffed Chicken breast recipe is from the new Foster Farms DORI™ on package QR code, accessible via smartphones in California, Oregon, and Washington.