Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita). Autumn Chicken and Phyllo Dough Pot Pies. Some years ago I found this recipe and streamlined it to fit our family. Phyllo is fun to work with, and its flakiness turns standard ingredients into a special, satisfying entree.
Like the Mediterranean pie, this ground chicken casserole idea is loaded with spinach and feta and topped with flaky phyllo dough. Home » Chicken Recipes » Healthy Chicken Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust. Phyllo dough is a perfect option! Nowdays, you should can make Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita) using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita)
- It’s 500 grams of Chicken boiled & shredded.
- It’s 2 of medium size Eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese.
- You need 6 sheets of Phyllo Dough.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
Instead of using two pie crusts, all you need are a few sheets of phyllo to top the entire dish. Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie – A creamy, cheesy and delicious mixture of chicken and spinach nestled between crispy and flaky phyllo sheets. In my attempt to create something different, I took out the phyllo sheets, combined some not-so-tasty cheese-veggie-filling ingredients and made us a. The chicken breasts in phyllo are placed into a baking dish, brushed with butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Chicken baked with Phyllo & Feta Cheese (Kotopita) instructions
- Chop and boil chicken..
- When the boiled chicken has cooled off shred with a fork..
- Slightly beat 2 eggs before adding into the chicken..
- Toss into the shredded chicken the cheese and eggs and a pinch of salt..
- Brush baking pan with olive oil and start to slowly layer the 3 sheets of Phyllo..
- Add in the chicken mixture..
- Layer the last 3 sheets of phyllo on top of the chicken mixture and brush each sheet with olive oil..
Pour the olive oil over the chicken and season both sides with the herbs and spices. Phyllo pizza with chicken, vegetables, fresh cilantro and mint leaves. The flaky phyllo dough and fresh herbs take pizza to a new level of gourmet. Next, I melted half a stick of butter and combined that with olive oil. I brushed a large baking sheet with the oil-butter mixture and began laying my phyllo.