Lollipop chicken in a root beer barbecue sauce. Serve, passing remaining Root Beer Barbecue Sauce. Cola Barbecue Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a heavy non-reactive saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. You can also barbecue a chicken on a can of cola, lemon-lime soda, or root beer.
Dash salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Saucy chicken lollipop made in Chinese Style. Nowdays, you should can have Lollipop chicken in a root beer barbecue sauce using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Lollipop chicken in a root beer barbecue sauce
- You need of Chicken legs.
- You need of aluminum foil.
- Prepare of Root beer bbq sauce (see my other recipe, make in advance.).
I always prefer to brine / soak the chicken in buttermilk for at least an hour. Transfer the oil to a bowl. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, and place inside slow cooker. Pour in barbecue sauce and root beer; spread around.
Lollipop chicken in a root beer barbecue sauce step by step
- Cut ends of chicken legs, and press down the meat..
- Dip in bbq sauce and cook in oven on 350 or in an Air fryer..
- When chicken is about done pull out of oven, and put aluminum foil on the ends, and bush with more root beer bbq sauce, let cook for 10 more mins, or until chicken is browned up..
- Notes- this took to much time, to make them all that way, I didn’t have the patience for it or the time, so I only did a few..
Tasty homemade barbecue sauce with a kick of root beer flavor. Keep refrigerated for up to a Let sauce cool completely, then blend in a blender or an immersion blender to puree ingredients. What a great gift it would! I would love to make some BBQ chicken with it! PS: The label is really nice!