Spatchcock BBQ chicken. BBQ spatchcock chicken is super easy to prepare and delivers a moist chicken. A spatchcock chicken ("butterflied") is a technique used to remove the backbone and flatten the chicken for a more. _ how to make this spatchcock bbq chicken recipe: To start off you'll need a whole chicken and a GOOD pair of kitchen shears. You're going to spatchcock your bird to.
Spatchcocked chicken seasoned with our chicken rub, brushed with sweet & heat bbq sauce and BBQ'd to wood-fired perfection. Next, spatchcock the chicken by placing on a board. Keyword: BBQ chicken recipe, how to spatchcock a chicken, whole BBQ chicken. Nowdays, you should can produce Spatchcock BBQ chicken using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Spatchcock BBQ chicken
- You need of Whole chicken.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Bbq sauce of choice.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Spatchcocking a chicken is easy and makes cooking it whole on the barbecue a doddle. Place in roasting tin, cover and chill. Spatchcock Chicken roasts in half the time of a whole trussed chicken, and also cooks more evenly. It's a perfect weeknight dinner staple!
Spatchcock BBQ chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove spine from chicken. This isn't the easiest thing, you will need a sharp knife and some elbow grease lol! Once spine is out, crush the breastbone with your hands. You should hear it crack. It should lay flat when done. This method allows it to cook faster and keeps the meat more moist. Freeze bone for chicken stock later!!.
- Dry the chicken with towels. Coat in salt and put in air tight container for minimum of 30 min. This will pull the remaining moisture out. After 30 minutes rince the chicken thoroughly again and pat until dry..
- Coat the chicken in butter. Peel back the skin from the breast portion. And put 2 cubes of butter inside the breast skin. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Coat one layer of bbq sauce after 45 minutes of cooking. Cook an additional 15 minutes. Then put another coat of bbq sauce on and cook another 10 minutes. Pull out and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. I served it with garlic n herb roasted potatoes and fresh sauted green beans..
Once you spatchcock, you don't go back to roasting whole. Spatchcocking is a great way to BBQ chicken. Rubbed in coffee and spices for a charred effect, this spatchcock chicken recipe is what barbecues were made for. See healthy bbq ideas at Tesco Real Food. This Spatchcock Chicken recipe is our favorite way to bake a whole chicken.