Bengali Style Chicken Rezala.
Nowdays, you should can make Bengali Style Chicken Rezala using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bengali Style Chicken Rezala
- It’s 1 kg of Chicken.
- You need 5 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need 2 tbsp of Refined Oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- It’s 1 cup of Onion Paste.
- It’s 2 cup (1+1cup) of Whisked Curd/Yogurt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Jaiphal/Nutmeg Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Jayitri/Mace Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of White Pepper Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Poppy Seeds.
- Prepare 6 pc of Cashew nuts.
- You need 2 pc of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cloves.
- You need 4-5 pc of Green Cardamom.
- Prepare 1 pc of Cinnamon Stick.
- You need 1 pc of Black Cardamom.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 3-4 of Dried Red chilli.
- It’s 2-3 of Green Chilli.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Kewra water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rose water.
- You need 1 drop of Mitha attar.
- You need as required of Salt,sugar,water.
Bengali Style Chicken Rezala step by step
- Marinate Chicken:- Wash the chicken pieces well and place it in a bowl. Add 1 cup of Onion paste,2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, 1cup of whisked curd/yogurt,1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder,1/2 tsp Mace Powder,2tbsp Oil, Salt according to taste. Mix all the ingredients very well and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator..
- The gravy has to be very smooth for this dish. So it is essential all the ingredients are properly and finely blended..
- Make a smooth paste of Cashew nuts and poppy seeds with water and set aside in a bowl..
- Heat the kadhai with 5 tbsp Ghee. Once it is heated up, add the whole spices like cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom, dried red chilli, green chilli, black pepper and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add cashew nuts and poppy seeds paste and remaining 1 cup curd with whole spices and saute for another 5 minutes..
- Now add marinated chicken,salt, to taste, coriander powder, white pepper powder, water if required and give it a good mix. Now close it with lid and allow the chicken to cook on medium heat for 15 to 20 minuts until the chicken is tender and cooked..
- After 15minuts open the lid and sprinkle some sugar as per taste and give a slight mix. Adding sugar is totally an optional step. As we are Bengali we are using sugar almost each and every recipe. You can skip this step as well..
- Add keora water, rose water,mitha attar and gently stir once. Turn off the heat. Cover the lid. Let the aroma of these essence/water absorb into chicken..
- Chicken Rezala is ready now. Transfer the Chicken Rezala onto a serving plate and serve it along with Biryani/Pulao/Naan/Paratha/kulcha..