Bengali style chicken curry.
Nowdays, you should can have Bengali style chicken curry using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Bengali style chicken curry
- It’s 1 Kg of chicken curry cut.
- Prepare 2 of onions roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic paste.
- It’s 1-2 of potatoes cut in squares.
- It’s 3-4 of green chilies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chili powder(optional).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oil for cooking/ mustard oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoonful of whole cumin seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoonful of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon broken into pieces.
- Prepare 4-5 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 7-8 of cloves.
Bengali style chicken curry instructions
- Make a paste of the onion, tomato, green chilies in a blender..
- Marinade the chicken with the onion-tomato chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, salt and leave it for about an hour..
- Take a pan/kadhai, add the oil and let it be hot..
- Once the oil is hot, add the whole cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves..
- As the oil turns aromatic, add the chopped potatoes and sauté them for 2 minutes..
- Now, add the marinated chicken. Cook the chicken till you see the oil leaving the sides of the pan..
- Stir for 1 minute and then add water..
- Let the gravy simmer till you reach the desired consistency..
- Now add the garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Serve with hot steamed rice..