Bengali chicken curry. Bengali chicken curry done restaurant style brings home cooking to the next level. Bengali chicken curry done restaurant style is a riff on food I grew up eating. Every Bengali family loves their Murgir Jhol.
The recipe mainly involves chicken and some vegetables and some common spices like coriander powder, garam masala. This chicken curry recipe yields tender chicken pieces in a hot, flavourful, stew-like jhol (curry). The defining characteristic of the Bengali-style chicken curry is the presence of potatoes, which. Nowdays, you should can boil Bengali chicken curry using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Bengali chicken curry
- It’s 400 gm of chicken.
- It’s 1 of potato.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare To taste of salt and sugar.
- You need As needed of oil.
So, if you are a fan of spicy foods, try this lip-smacking chicken curry and relish with your family and friends. So, how to make Bengali Chicken Curry with Potatoes? This Bengali Chicken Curry with Potatoes is an authentic Indian recipe that all families have grown up with and love! I absolutely love this coconut chicken curry.
Bengali chicken curry step by step
- Marinate chicken with salt and turmeric powder.
- Now heat oil and fry the Potatoes adding salt and turmeric powder and Keep aside.
- Heat more oil temper Cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion and ginger – garlic paste and saute until oil releases.
- Now add chicken and saute adding salt and turmeric powder and cover to let it soft.
- Remove cover and add coriander powder,red chilli powder and Keep mixing.
- Add tomato paste and mix well adding Potatoes.
- Now add warm water and simmer.
- Your curry is ready to be served..
Hope you give it a try. You can also use other cuts of chicken. Doi Murgi aka Doi Chicken is a scrumptious substitute of Bengali Sunday Chicken Curry. [hide] Sri Lankan chicken curries (or other curries) can be made in one of two ways. Can I make a whole chicken curry or can I use boneless chicken? How to serve this Chicken Curry.