Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes.
Nowdays, you should can have Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes
- It’s 500 gm of chicken.
- You need 4 of potatoes cut into two halves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- Prepare 10 of garlic buds grinded into paste.
- Prepare 2 medium sized of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- You need as needed of Whole garam masala (4 green cardamom, 3 cloves).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ghee (optional).
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s as needed of Vegetable oil.
Bengali Style Chicken Curry with Potatoes instructions
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder and salt. Keep it covered for at least 1hr..
- Heat some oil in a wok, add the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt..
- Fry them till golden brown. Keep it aside..
- In the same wok, add some more oil if required. Add the bayleaf and whole garam masalas. Let them splutter..
- Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown in colour..
- Add the marinated chicken and mix it well. Keep it covered and saute it in between..
- Add the fried potatoes when the chicken is half cooked..
- Add some lukewarm water if required or if you need some gravy..
- Mix them well and keep it covered for 10min..
- Check whether the chicken has become soft. If yes, add the garam masala, ghee and coriander leaves..
- Mix them well and serve hot.