Pure Bengali Chicken Curry. All Reviews for Bengali Chicken Curry with Potatoes. Bengali chicken curry done restaurant style brings home cooking to the next level. Bengali chicken curry done restaurant style is a riff on food I grew up eating.
The recipe mainly involves chicken and some vegetables and some common spices like Bengali cuisine has many delicious recipes. Food dishes of Bengal are famous throughout the world and Bengali Chicken Curry is one of the. This chicken curry recipe yields tender chicken pieces in a hot, flavourful, stew-like jhol (curry). Nowdays, you should can have Pure Bengali Chicken Curry using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pure Bengali Chicken Curry
- Prepare 750 gms of chicken.
- It’s 2 of large size onion.
- It’s 3 of potatoes, cut in half.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 3 of green chillies.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of red chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Kashmiri mirch.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 2 of pieces cardemon.
- Prepare 2 of pcs dalchini.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of curd (kept hung).
- It’s 1/2 cup of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
The defining characteristic of the Bengali-style chicken curry is the presence of potatoes, which, when cooked in the curry, become soft and succulent, full of all the juicy goodness of the curry. Traditional bengali chicken rezala in white curry sauce with chi. Chicken Rezala is a traditional East Indian dish especially prep. Bengali chicken rezala recipe (white chicken curry) close-up in.
Pure Bengali Chicken Curry instructions
- Clean the chicken. Marinate it with salt, half tsp turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon mustard oil and curd for 1 hour. Mix the potatoes with salt And turmeric and then fry them up in low-medium flame till they are brownish in colour. Keep the potatoes aside from the oil. Now use the left over oil to fry the bay leaves, all garam masalas, 1 pinch sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt…Stir the content till the sugar turns into caramel. Then add the onions (chopped) to it and stir till the are golden brown..
- Add the chopped tomatoes in that and cook well till it melts. Next add the marinated chicken, ginger garlic paste, all masalas as mentioned above to it. Stir the content. Cook or rather should say stir without the lid for 10 mins. Then cook with the lid on. Check every 5 mins. When you find that the chicken is semi cooked, add the fried potatoes and stir. If you see the content has dried up, add 1/2 cup of warm water, otherwise do not add..
- When the chicken and potatoes become tender and the gravy looks thick, your chicken curry should be ready. You can add dhaniya leaves and garam masala before switching off the gas. I didn't put because my husband doesn't like them on Chicken ☺️. Please ensure the process should be in medium flame..
You can pair this Bengali recipe with rice or pulao and it can also be enjoyed with chapatis. All you need to cook this non-vegetarian recipe is: chicken, potato, chopped onion, tomato and a perfect combination of spicy masala like garam masala. Murgir Jhol is a Bengali style Chicken Curry where chicken pieces cooked with large potato chunks. It's called specifically 'jhol' because the curry here Shorshe Murgi or Mustard Chicken is a traditional Bengali Sunday Chicken curry cooked using Mustard seed Paste and of course in Mustard Oil. This delicious coconut chicken curry is so easy to make.