Bengali Style Chicken Curry.
Nowdays, you should can have Bengali Style Chicken Curry using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how the way you prepare that.
Ingredients of Bengali Style Chicken Curry
- It’s 600 gm of chicken cut into pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of onion chopped finely.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes cut into halves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 of green cardamom.
- It’s 1 of bayleaf.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1 of small tomato chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coriander leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need To taste of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need as needed of Mustard oil.
Bengali Style Chicken Curry instructions
- Heat some oil in a wok and add the potatoes along with some salt and turmeric..
- Marinate the chicken with the yogurt, salt and turmeric for at least 1hour..
- Fry it on a high flame untill it has become golden brown..
- Keep it aside. In the same wok add some oil as required and add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Wait till it has caramelized..
- Add the bayleaf, cloves, cardamom and saute till the aroma comes out..
- Add the chopped onion and saute it by adding a little bit of salt..
- Fry it till golden brown. Add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, saute it for a while then add the coriander powder and red chilli powder and kashmiri red chilli powder..
- Again saute it till the raw aroma dissapears. Add the marinated chicken..
- Mix it well and cover it with a lid..
- Saute it in between..
- Wait till the moisture from the chicken dissapears. Add the fried potatoes and mix well..
- Add some lukewarm water and cover it with a lid. Bring it to boil and cover it with a lid..
- Add some more oil if required..
- After you get the desired consistency in the gravy add some garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves..
- Mix it well and add some ghee. Remove it from the flame. Serve hot..