Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste).
Nowdays, you should can have Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste) using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how the way you make that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste)
- You need 500 gm of chicken (big leg pieces).
- You need 200 gm of poppy seeds.
- Prepare 200 gm of cashews.
- You need 200 gm of melon seeds (optional).
- You need 1 of big onion paste.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Shahi garam masala powder.
- You need 4 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- You need 50 ml of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of keora water.
- It’s 2 of dried red chillies.
- It’s 1 handful of Whole garam masala.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Ghee.
Chicken Chaap (Bengali style chicken in thick poppy paste) instructions
- Make shallow slits in the chicken leg pieces.
- Make a thick paste of the cashews, melon seeds and poppy seeds.
- Marinate the chicken with the onion paste, ginger garlic paste, powdered spices, soy sauce, poppy paste, yoghurt, ghee and a teaspoon of keora water for 2 hrs.
- Shake the marinade off the chicken and shallow fry them in white oil or ghee.
- Heat some white oil or ghee in the same pan if needed.
- Add the dried red chillies..
- Add bay leaves and whole garam masala to temper the oil.
- Add the fried chicken and the marinade.
- Cook well until chicken is coated with the spices.
- Add half a teaspoon of sugar and salt to taste.
- Add water if needed until chicken is tender and cooked.
- Once a thick consistenct of the gravy is reached, turn off the stove.
- Add the rest of the keora water.
- Sprinkle some Shahi garam masala powder on the top and garnish with dollops of ghee.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or biryani.