Bengali Style Murgir Patla Jhol.
Nowdays, you should can prepare Bengali Style Murgir Patla Jhol using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Bengali Style Murgir Patla Jhol
- It’s 500 gm of with bone chicken pieces.
- It’s 3 of medium sized potatoes, cut into halves.
- It’s 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 8-10 of garlic pods, grated.
- You need 1" of piece ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato chopped.
- It’s 5-6 of green chillies, slitted.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt or according to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- You need of For tempering :.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
Bengali Style Murgir Patla Jhol instructions
- Heat oil in a pan add potatoes, salt and turmeric powder..
- Cook covered on high flame for one minute till golden brown..
- Remove the fried potatoes from the pan to a bowl and keep aside..
- Now add whole cumin seeds and bay leaf in the same oil. Wait for a minute..
- Add the onions and cook stirring constantly, till light brown..
- Now add the chicken pieces and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add grated ginger, grated garlic, chopped tomatoes, slitted chillies, turmeric powder and salt. Stir constantly on medium or high heat till the juices from the chicken evaporate and oil separates..
- Add fried potatoes and saute for another 1-2 minutes..
- Now transfer the chicken from pan to a pressure cooker and add 2 cups of warm water and garam masala powder. Pressure cook till 2 whistles..
- Now serve hot with steamed rice..