Kung Pao Chicken. Kung Pao chicken (Chinese: 宫保鸡丁; pinyin: Gōngbǎo jīdīng), also transcribed Gong Bao or Kung Po, is a spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with cubes of chicken, peanuts, vegetables. Kung Pao Chicken is a highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet and spicy flavour! Make Kung Pao Chicken better than Chinese take out right at home!
Homemade Chinese chicken in a savory and spicy sauce. Reviews for: Photos of Kung Pao Chicken. Kung pao chicken exists both in the traditional Chinese repertoire and Americanized takeout menus alike. Nowdays, you should can have Kung Pao Chicken using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Kung Pao Chicken
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cm of ginger, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 12 of dried red chilies, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes- 1 hour, seeded and cut into halves.
- You need 50 gr of roasted peanuts 🥜.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, cut 1/2 cm.
- It’s 500 gr of boneless chicken thighs/breast, diced, pat dry with paper towels.
- You need of For the chicken marinade:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of For the Kung Pao sauce:.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chinese Shaoxing rice wine (optional).
- You need 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of water.
When we lived in Beijing, I was actually surprised to see how popular Kung Pao Chicken was. Kung Pao Chicken is from the Sichuan province in China. The Chinese name is 宫保鸡丁 (gong bao ji ding) but some restaurants spell it as Gong Bao Chicken or Kung Po Chicken. Kung Pao Chicken is a Chinese takeout favourite that is mouthwateringly good and highly addictive – so it's a good thing it's easy to make at home so we don't need to order takeout every time we crave it!!
Kung Pao Chicken step by step
- In a medium bowl, add chicken and marinade sauce. Mix well. Set aside for at least 30 minutes..
- In a small bowl, mix well the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic, ginger, and dried red chilies until fragrant and smell spicy..
- Add chicken. Keep stirring until the chicken change color..
- Add roasted peanuts and red bell peppers. Mix well..
- Add the sauce mixture. Cook until the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Add green onions. Stir again for a while. Remove from the heat..
- Serve hot over steam white rice. Yum! 😋.
Kung pao chicken with bell peppers, onions, lean white meat, and a spicy sauce that rivals authentic Chinese takeout! I'm confidant this Kung Pao Chicken recipe will be the best Chinese food you've ever made from home! Stir-fried chicken, peanuts, and green onion in a delicious salty, sweet. Kung Pao chicken, a classic Chinese takeout dish of stir-fried chicken, peanuts, and vegetables, is easy to make at home. Kung pao chicken has a lot going for it.