Chicken Celery Pot-stickers (Japanese Gyoza).
Nowdays, you should can prepare Chicken Celery Pot-stickers (Japanese Gyoza) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Chicken Celery Pot-stickers (Japanese Gyoza)
- It’s 1 lb (450 g) of ground chicken.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery (minced).
- It’s 5 leaves of cabbage (minced).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fresh ginger (minced).
- Prepare 2/3 Tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 100 of gyoza wraps.
- Prepare of oil and hot water for frying.
- Prepare of (for dipping sauce):.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (120 ml) of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 2/3 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh ginger (finely grated).
- You need 6 of green onions (thinly sliced).
Chicken Celery Pot-stickers (Japanese Gyoza) instructions
- Wash cabbage and celery, dry and mince. Dry them well or it will make gyozas stick together and soggy. Scrape ginger skin, and mince..
- In a medium bowl, mix meat, cabbage, celery, ginger, worcestershire sauce and salt. Mix well until sticky..
- Put the mix (about 1/2 tbsp) on a wrap then smear some water around the wrap with your finger. Fold the wrap in half and pinch the edges. If you make 4~5 tucks, it seems more pro made..
- I used these small round wraps but you can also use square wonton wraps..
- Heat oil and put your gyozas in a frying pan on medium low heat..
- When one side becomes lightly brown, add 1/4 cup (60ml) hot water and steam fry with lid on..
- While your gyozas are cooking, mix all the ingredients together for your dipping sauce..
- While mixing together your ingredients for the sauce, listen carefully to the frying pan. When it starts to make a popping sound, open the lid and add a little bit of sesame oil or the oil of your choice (I like to use coconut oil). Cook until the bottoms are crispy..
- When all the water is gone and they are crispy on the bottom, serve on a plate with a small bowl of your dipping sauce..
- You can freeze before frying, and start from step 5 with frozen gyozas later. (You dont need to thaw!).