Chicken Chow Mein. Chicken Chow Mein is firmly planted in the Noodle Hall of Fame as one of the all time most loved noodles, along with other favourites like Pad Thai, Pad See Ew and Singapore noodles. This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce.
A big bowl of homemade Chicken Chow Mein is way more satisfying and can be made with ease! Delish.com's Chicken Chow Mein will take less time than ordering take-out. Chow mein is our go-to for all types of meals, from an easy dinner to a serious hangover. Nowdays, you should can prepare Chicken Chow Mein using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chow Mein
- You need 500 grams of Chicken thigh fillet, sliced.
- You need 1/2 small of Wombok cabbage, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of Red cabbage, sliced.
- It’s 1 large of Carrot, julienned.
- It’s 1 large of Zucchini, julienned.
- You need 1 medium of Brown onion, into thin wedges.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Peas and corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Packets 2 minute noodles, cooked.
- It’s 3 stick of Green onion, sliced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of Minced ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cracked black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of Peanut oil for frying.
Chicken Chow Mein was their way of getting dinner on the table quickly. Plus, it was one of our favorite Chinese takeout dishes so we never grew tired of seeing it show up at the family dinner table. It is much less greasy than Chinese takeout! You can also customize this recipe by substituting your favorite protein.
Chicken Chow Mein instructions
- Prepare veggies. Keep brown onion in separate bowl. Keep cabbages in separate bowl. Green onions in another small bowl and all other vegetables in another bowl together..
- Slice chicken and set aside..
- Cook noodles- strain and set aside..
- In a large wok. Add some peanut oil and fry brown onion for two minutes on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute, stirring continuously. Remove and set aside..
- Now stir fry chicken in batches and set aside with onion..
- I like to clean the wok now by adding water, bring to the boil and clean wok with a plastic egg flip. Tip out water and you are right to continue..
- Add some more peanut oil and and stir fry veggies (carrot, capsicum, zucchini, cauliflower, peas and corn) for 3 minutes..
- Add sauces and spices. Stir well..
- Add cabbage and stir fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring all the while..
- When you are happy that veggies are cooked to your liking, return the cooked chicken- onion- noodles. Stir well and serve..
Easy Chow Mein recipe with Chinese egg noodles stir fried with chicken, shrimp and vegetables. This is an authentic chow mein noodles recipe Chinatown style. Chow Mein is usually relegated to being a side dish, but my fresh take on these classic Chinese-American noodles upgrades them to main dish status. With big chunks of juicy chicken and a rainbow. Easy Chicken Chow Mein is the take out classic you can make at home in minutes!