Fried Chicken Wontons.
Nowdays, you should can prepare Fried Chicken Wontons using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Wontons
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese softened (or room temp).
- Prepare 1 large of cooked chicken breast chopped in small dice.
- You need 1/2 of red onion chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 packages of wonton wrappers.
- It’s 5 of green onions chopped.
- You need 1 of bottle La Choy Teriyaki marinade sauce.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
Fried Chicken Wontons step by step
- Cook your chicken breast in frying pan on low heat with about 1/4 cup of water. Cover. Turn chicken a couple times during cooking until cooked through. Take chicken from pan and place on your cutting board to cool. When chicken is cooled go ahead and chop into a small dice..
- Take a 1/2 of a red onion and chop finely.
- In a medium bowl add your softened cream cheese, diced chicken and onion. Stir until mixed through..
- On a medium cutting board lay out about 8-10 wonton wrappers. Pointed edge up. (like a diamond shape♢).
- Drop about a teaspoon of filling mixture in the center of the wonton. (Be sure to not over stuff wonton because it may burst open during cooking).
- Take a small bowl and fill it will about 1/4 cup of water. Dip your index finger into water. You then run your wet finger down all sides of the wonton. Slowly fold up wonton to look like a triangle. Gently press sides down making sure they are tightly sealed. Repeat this until all cream cheese filling is gone..
- Preheat your deep fryer. Or you could use a large deep heavy pan filling it about half way with vegetable or canola oil. Heat oil to about 350°-375°degrees..
- With a fryer spoon slowly add 4 wontons at a time to fryer oil. Turn wontons frequently. Remove wontons from frying oil when they reach a rich golden brown..
- Lay wontons on a large plate lined with paper towel..
- When wontons are all cooked serve on a fresh plate with chopped green onion scallions and drizzle with La Choy Teriaki..