Crock pot smothered chicken. My Mom used to make this all the time in the oven. However I have changed it to lower the fat content and tried it in my crock pot. My kids were on school vacation this past week and we spent the beginning of the week away at a hotel.
Add chicken cutlets to crock pot then cover with mushroom gravy. All crock pots vary in temperature of cooking so you will need to adjust according to your type of crock pot. This makes a very tender breast and the sauce is very good poured over rice or mashed potatoes. Nowdays, you should can make Crock pot smothered chicken using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you brew that.
Ingredients of Crock pot smothered chicken
- You need 1 of family size can cream of chicken.
- You need 1 of family size can cream of mushroom.
- Prepare of Boneless skinless chckn breast or thighs depending on preference.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
I even mash cauliflower up for my meal to take place of potatoes and pour this sauce over them. What you need: chicken breasts, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, dry onion soup mix, mushrooms, pepper and water. *Not a fan of canned soups and packaged dry onion soup mixes? I share links below to easy recipes to make your own homemade condensed soups and dry onion soup. Smothered Chicken & Cheesy Potato Casserole.
Crock pot smothered chicken step by step
- Mix cream of chicken and cream of mushroom (do not fully dilute i only add 1/2 a can worth of water or milk) add garlic fresh pepper and onion powder to taste.
- Add chicken (raw) thawed or frozen both works!!.
- Cook in crockpot on high 3 hours(thawed) 4 hours frozen.
- Remove chicken and fork shred or cut into chunks as back to the gravy cook additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or potatoes and enjoy you can add veggies for a more hearty stew effect.
Taste for salt and add if necessary. Add chicken cutlets to crock pot then cover with. Tender, flavorful sirloin tips are used in this recipe for slow cooker smothered steak. Budget-friendly lean chuck steak or round steak may be used as well. The soy sauce and tomatoes make the perfect sauce for the beef and peppers, and a little garlic powder rounds out the flavors.