White sauce cheesy chicken casserole. This white sauce, also known as Béchamel sauce, is one of France's four "mother sauces," and it's a perfect complement to many dishes. Pair it with vegetables, turn it into a creamy casserole or ladle it over seafood or sliced chicken. MORE+ LESS White Chicken Enchilada Casserole With Black BeansLittle Spice Jar.
Pasta is tossed with chicken, peppers, onions, and mixed into shortcut cheesy sauce. Finally, this chicken casserole recipe is topped with even more cheese and baked until melty and bubbly. This was a great recipe for a busy weeknight. Nowdays, you should can produce White sauce cheesy chicken casserole using 14 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
- It’s of For the gravy:.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of pepper (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of salt (or more to taste).
- It’s of For the chicken:.
- It’s 2 of large chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need of For the rest of the ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 LB of frozen vegetables (assorted) (like peas and carrots).
- Prepare 1 LB of sharp cheddar cheese (brick).
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
This isn't your every day enchiladas. My chicken enchilada casserole recipe has a bit of a Southern twist. Unlike true authentic versions with enchilada sauce, I mix sour cream, cheese, and cream of chicken soup to make a creamy white sauce. Fresh broccoli and chicken bake in a savory sauce topped with a crunchy, cheesy topping for a casserole they'll love.
White sauce cheesy chicken casserole instructions
- For the gravy:.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour and stir the butter and flour until lightly combined.
- Add the milk.
- Stir with a whisk for 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour to help thicken.
- Stir (consistently) for another 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt.
- (If it is not very thick, add another small handful of flour until thick) (never stop stirring).
- Take off heat once thick.
- For the chicken:.
- Boil water.
- Add chicken to the water and let boil until the chicken is soft, tender, and completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken.
- For the rest:.
- Let the frozen veggies thaw.
- Shred the cheese brick.
- For assemble:.
- Mix together the vegetables, chicken, and gravy.
- Place the gravy mix on the bottom of a 9×13 in glass casserole dish.
- Top the gravy mixture with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted!.
- Notes: the cheese must be in a block. It will be better than already shredded cheese..
- It is best to assemble all your ingredients before cooking. This is a quick recipe and will be best if you are not running around looking for ingredients.
- It is best to make the chicken first so that it is ready when you need it!.
Home » Ingredient » Pasta » Baked Creamy Cheesy White Sauce Gnocchi. Two of us love it and two not so much. But and this is a big but, Baked Creamy Cheesy White Sauce Gnocchi opened the eyes (and Made this tonight as a side with chicken piccata and a salad and it was fabulous! Gooey, cheesy chicken enchiladas stuffed with grilled zucchini in a delicious, creamy sauce. Handfuls of sharp Canadian white Cheddar are tucked inside the tortillas and sprinkled on top.