Rice and Chicken Casserole.
Nowdays, you should can make Rice and Chicken Casserole using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Rice and Chicken Casserole
- Prepare 1 pound of carrots.
- It’s 1 pound of frozen broccoli.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 of rib celery.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 3 quarts of water.
- It’s 3 cups of instant rice.
- It’s 3 pounds of chicken thighs skin on and bone in.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Toppings——————.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Rice and Chicken Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice the carrots. Dice the celery, add to the chicken and water and boil, add in the salt and pepper. After 15 minutes add the minced garlic and broccoli..
- Remove the chicken and take the skins off. I save mine to fry crispy latter for other recipes. Take and remove the meat off the bones. Chop the big pieces of chicken and return to pot. Add the long grain rice and boil for 15 minutes..
- Add instant rice to the bottom of the oven safe dish for the casserole..
- Mix the butter breadcrumbs and granulated garlic powder..
- Pour the chicken and liquids with the vegetables over the instant rice. Sir just a bit, to get the air bubbles out and the instant rice to rehydrate. Spread the breadcrumbs mix over the top of casserole..
- Put into the oven for an hour..
- Let rest 15 minutes and serve I hope you enjoy!!.