Creamy Chicken and rice soup. Instant wild rice is cooked in chicken broth with shredded chicken, then combined with thickened cream for a quick soup. "A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days with a loaf of homemade bread. Hint: this is perfect for leftover rotisserie chicken or chicken you've pulled from.
I chose to go with the creamy version because we all know a little cream makes nearly everything better, right? I came up with this creamy chicken rice soup recipe while making some adjustments to a favorite stovetop chicken casserole. We like this soup for lunch with a crisp roll and fresh fruit. —Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado. Nowdays, you should can make Creamy Chicken and rice soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you make that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and rice soup
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 2 1/2 c of white rice.
- It’s 7 c of water.
- It’s 1 of large can cream of chicken.
- You need 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 can of carrots.
- You need 1-2 c of grated cheese.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley.
Looking for the best Panera cream of chicken soup? Home » Main Dish » Chicken » Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. I love anything with wild rice and this soup totally hits the spot on a cold day. It's thick, creamy, loaded with veggies, and the wild rice blend gives it a great flavor that you just can't find with white rice.
Creamy Chicken and rice soup instructions
- Boil chicken breast with 1 or 2 bouillon cubes..
- While chicken is cooking open and drain carrots. With a fork, mash carrots into small pieces. (Optional: my kids don't like big chunks of carrots.).
- When chicken is done remove from water. In the water add the carrots remaining bouillon cubes and cook until the cubes are completely dissolved. Add a teaspoon of garlic powder a teaspoon of onion powder and 1-2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Add water and rice, cook until rice is done.
- Meanwhile, cube up or shred chicken.
- When rice is done add chicken, cream of chicken. And cheese salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let stand 10-20 minutes. The rice will swell and soup thicken..
Cozying up to a bowl of this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup on a cold, winter day will warm you right up! Perfect for meal prep and freezer-friendly, too. A cozy chicken wild rice soup made right in the slow cooker. This soup is creamy, loaded with vegetables, plus the ingredients are right in your pantry! Luckily for me, I had a big slow cooker full of this creamy chicken wild rice soup to slurp up all Sunday.