Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
Nowdays, you should can prepare Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- You need of For Chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 14 inch slices.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons wayer (egg wash).
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated romano cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare of For Sauce.
- It’s 8 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 of shallot munced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks red hot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil.
Chicken Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce instructions
- Start by setting up a breading area for the chicken. Have the seasoned flour in one plate, beaten eggs in a bowl and then combine the romano cheese and bread crumbs in another plate.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Dredge each chicken slice first in flour.
- Then dip in egg wash.
- Then finely dredge in crumb cheese mixture.
- Add to hot oil and cook until golden on both sides and chicken is just cooked through, about 4 minutes, remmove to warm plate.
- Into skillet chicken was cooked add mushroons, shallots and garlic. Cover to help mushrooms realease their liquid, then uncover and cook until liquid is gone. Add broth , worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, lemon, sait and pepper to taste and hot sauce and reduce by 1/2.
- Add sour cream and heat until hot, add parsley and basil.
- Serve sauce on plate with chicken on top, pass any extra sauce for adding. Don't add to much sauce on the chicken at serving or it will soften the crust.