Creamy Chicken Enchillada Casserole. This chicken enchilada casserole is creamy cheesy perfection and it's so easy to throw together since everything is layered together instead of rolled. I have a question for you guys. Have any of you ever played a virtual reality game?
Boil chicken in water until done. Allow to cool and remove the bones and the skin, shredding the chicken. If you are using chicken breasts, simply Roll this into an enchilada, and place into a pan. Nowdays, you should can prepare Creamy Chicken Enchillada Casserole using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Enchillada Casserole
- You need 1 of large can of Green enchillada sauce.
- It’s 4 of habanero (diced without seeds).
- Prepare 2 of habanero (diced with seeds).
- You need 2 of rotisserie styled cooked whole chickens.
- You need 1 can of Sweet corn (drained).
- Prepare 1 of smallest can of olives (sliced ripened).
- Prepare 1 dash of ground cumin.
- You need 1 dash of chili powder.
- You need 1 box of instant rice (small box).
- It’s 1 of bag of flour tortillas 16 count.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup with herbs.
- It’s 1 can of diced green chiles.
- You need 4 of green onions (diced).
- Prepare 1 of jar queso cheese dip (medium or mild) Found in the chip isle..
- Prepare 32 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 32 oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
I use a lasagna pan so that I have left-overs. NOTE for a quicker prep time: don't roll the individual. LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings.
Creamy Chicken Enchillada Casserole instructions
- Remove skin. Use fork to remove meat from breast of chickens. Place meat in large bowl. Making sure there are no bones, stir the meat with fork until all meat is shredded. Refrigerate over night..
- Add following ingredients to bowl of shredded chicken:.
- Add one large hand full of each kind of cheese to mixture..
- Stir well. Mixture should be thick and creamy..
- Cut tortillas into 1 or 2 in squares. Place single layer of tortilla squares on bottom of large glass casserole dish, making sure each piece over laps each other..
- Scoop mixture onto tortilla squares. Smooth out as much as possible. Place another layer of 1 or 2 in cut tortillas on top making sure to over lap each peice. Press firmly. Repeat layering of mixture and tortillas until desired thickness making sure to press firmly. Leaving enough room on top about 1 in deep..
- Prepare instant rice according to instructions on box. (I found that the serving size for two people was enough to cover one layer of the casserole).
- Add rice to casserole dish. (There should be a layer of tortillas between the rice and the mixture).
- Add remaining mozzarella cheese to top of casserole. Smooth out..
- With the remaining sharp cheddar cheese create a border around the top of the dish. About 2 in wide..
- Chop green onions..
- Add olives and green onions to top of mozzarella cheese..
- Place casserole dish on cookie sheet and bake for 45 min at 350°F. CAUTION: REMOVE CAREFULLY. CASSEROLE WILL BE HEAVY..
- You may have left over casserole mixture. This will make great cassadillas for the next day. Place mixture between two flour tortillas. Then add cheese on top. Microwave until cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with slices of avacado..
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole comes together quickly, freezes beautifully, and makes for a delicious and hearty main dish. Make a double batch so you can repeat the experience next week! Dinnertime can be a delicious time. This Chicken Enchilada Casserole is made with an avocado cream sauce for an easy creamy chicken enchilada casserole that the whole family will love! _ Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole PRINT RECIPE PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE. It also works well as a freezer meal.