LOW CARB | Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad. I don't post a lot of low carb salad recipes here on IBIH because the plain fact is, they rarely get much traffic. Now all of that being said, I have made this delicious Low Carb Chinese Chicken Salad far too many Because this is made with a variety of shredded cabbage which is heartier than lettuce. I know, salads and guilty pleasures don't normally go together, but this Chinese chicken salad is one of those go-to recipes that I build my week around! ©Little Pine Low Carb.
Fresh, crisp, and crunchy, this Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe is a mix of juicy shredded chicken, fried wontons, mixed greens, and the very best homemade Asian sesame vinaigrette. Enjoy this easy and delicious chicken salad as a satisfying lunch or light and refreshing dinner. Infuse the oil with aromatics and then toss at a high heat, this adds a smoky flavor to the sweet fried cabbage and makes a quick and delicious side dish. Nowdays, you should can produce LOW CARB | Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of LOW CARB | Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad
- You need 2 cup of Chicken Breast | cooked & shredded.
- Prepare 2 cup of Red Cabbage | shredded.
- Prepare 2 cup of Green Cabbage | shredded.
- Prepare 4 of Green Onions | sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Almonds | slivered.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sesame Seeds | toasted.
- It’s of Dressing.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Grape or Flax Seed Oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Baby Spring Salad Mix.
A twist on a classic recipe, this Chinese chicken cabbage salad is made with store-bought rotisserie chicken, and a homemade soy-ginger vinaigrette In a small skillet, add the cashews and toast gently over low heat. Transfer to a cutting board to cool. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside for garnish. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
LOW CARB | Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad step by step
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients..
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated..
- Refrigerate for two hours..
- Serve chilled over Baby Spring Salad Mix..
The hero of this Chinese Chicken Salad is the Asian Dressing. It can make any bowl of fresh greens devilishly moreish! Years ago I spotted this Crunchy Low-Carb Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw recipe in The Sunset Cookbook and made a slightly adapted version of it right away. Salads like this that are a jumble of ingredients can be a challenge to photograph well. But recently I decided to make the salad and see if I could get.