Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken. Chicken simmered in a spicy sauce and finished off with crisp sautéed red peppers and crunchy It's an even better feeling when that meal is as delicious as this Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken! There's a teensy bit of work involved before and after everything goes into the crockpot – But trust. This tasty Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken dish is full of sauce, spice, heat, and zing… and totally delicious served over rice!!
The tender taste of the chicken matches great I made this world wide famous Kung Pao chicken every month. I know that it is all loved Chinese food by people around the world. Kung Pao Chicken is a popular favorite stir-fried dish in Chinese takeout restaurants in North America. Nowdays, you should can prepare Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken
- It’s 2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 of diced zucchini.
- Prepare 5 of diced red bell peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of diced mushrooms (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded carrots (optional).
- You need 1-2 cans of water chestnuts.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1.5 cups of whole cashews.
- It’s 2 tbl of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of powdered ginger.
- Prepare 3 tbl of veg. oil.
- You need 3 tbl of water?.
- It’s 1 tbl of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbl of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tbl of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tbl of white vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbl of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of rice (brown or white).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
But did you also know that Gong Bao or Kung Po (宫保鸡丁) is also a classic Szechuan dish that everyone loves in China? My husband is a huge fan of anything spicy so it's one of the dishes he gets. Kung Pao Chicken is highly addictive stir-fried chicken with the perfect combination of salty, sweet and spicy flavour! Make it better than Chinese take out right at home!
Crockpot Kung Pao Chicken step by step
- Spray cooking spray in crockpot, add all ingredients except for flour and cashews. Stir, cover, and if you c an let marinate in crockpot an hour before turning on. Cook on low for 5 hours. Stir occasionally if you can.
- One hour before done cooking remove approx 1-2 cups of the broth and make slurry with flour. Pour back into dish and stir. Cover and continue to cook on low for last hour so it can thicken..
- Start to cook rice this last hour (4 cups boiling water to 2 cups white rice).
- Salt and pepper to taste then add cashews and mix in. Enjoy!.
With crisp-tender chicken pieces and some crunchy veggies thrown in, this is one Kung Pao chicken recipe hard to pass up! ? Remove chicken, chop into cubes, then return ? Mix together Pineapple Preserves and Kung Pao Sauce. ? Take out style Kung Pao Chicken! You'll love the sweet, savoury, tangy Kung Pao Sauce with the addictive numbing heat of Sichuan pepper.