Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken. Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken is a super easy meal with an amazing sweet and savory sauce with a little bit of heat! This is way better than takeout! General Tso's Chicken is my all time favorite take out dish.
How to make Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken. The craving: General Tso's chicken from your favorite Chinese takeout spot. The problem: You've got different diners eating at different times. Nowdays, you should can prepare Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, diced 1 inch square.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Hoisin Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of Green Onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Broccoli, or more if you like.
Ready your rice and your slow cooker for this better-than-takeout slow cooker General Tso's chicken. General Tso's chicken is a deep fried Chinese style dish that is served in America. It's both sweet and spicy, a great combo to get your taste buds singing! I saute the chicken before putting it in the slow cooker, so that it has the "crispy" texture we love about General Tso's Chicken.
Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken step by step
- In a bowl, add the chicken, curry powder, and cornstarch. Mix together, until the chicken is evenly coated..
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken, saute it for about 5 to 10 minutes. Until the pink is gone. You do not have to cook thoroughly..
- Remove the chicken from the pan, then place it to the bottom of the slow cooker..
- In another bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ground ginger, and the brown sugar..
- Once it is mixed well together, pour the sauce over the chicken. Stir together to evenly coat the chicken..
- Cook on low for 2 hours, then add the broccoli. Stir slightly, then cook on low for another 30 minutes to an hour..
This Slow Cooker General Tso's Chicken is the crockpot version of the traditional General Tso's Chicken. This homemade slow cooker version is healthier than your typical takeout, but still just as tasty! General Tso's Chicken made in a slow cooker is the perfect easy weeknight meal. Best of all, this healthier recipe for a popular takeout dish has the same amazing flavors as your local Chinese restaurant. Made in your crock-pot or Instant Pot pressure cooker!