Chicken Chow Mein. This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce. Chicken Chow Mein is firmly planted in the Noodle Hall of Fame as one of the all time most loved noodles, along with other favourites like Pad Thai, Pad See Ew and Singapore noodles.
Chow mein is our go-to for all types of meals, from an easy dinner to a serious hangover. Easy Chicken Chow Mein is the take out classic you can make at home in minutes! Tender chicken, fresh veggies and chow mein noodles are tossed in a savory sauce that tastes better than your local. Nowdays, you should can boil Chicken Chow Mein using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chow Mein
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken thigh fillet, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 small of Wombok cabbage, sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of Red cabbage, sliced.
- It’s 1 large of Carrot, julienned.
- It’s 1 large of Zucchini, julienned.
- Prepare 1 medium of Brown onion, into thin wedges.
- You need 3/4 cup of Peas and corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cauliflower florets.
- It’s 1/2 of Green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 2 of Packets 2 minute noodles, cooked.
- It’s 3 stick of Green onion, sliced.
- You need 1/3 cup of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of Minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of Peanut oil for frying.
Chicken Chow Mein was their way of getting dinner on the table quickly. Plus, it was one of our favorite Chinese takeout dishes so we never grew tired of seeing it show up at the family dinner table. Chicken Chow Mein is a traditional Chinese stir fry dish. It's made with cabbage, carrots and bean sprouts, but you'll occasionally see one or two other veggies added to the mix, along with some protein.
Chicken Chow Mein step by step
- Prepare veggies. Keep brown onion in separate bowl. Keep cabbages in separate bowl. Green onions in another small bowl and all other vegetables in another bowl together..
- Slice chicken and set aside..
- Cook noodles- strain and set aside..
- In a large wok. Add some peanut oil and fry brown onion for two minutes on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute, stirring continuously. Remove and set aside..
- Now stir fry chicken in batches and set aside with onion..
- I like to clean the wok now by adding water, bring to the boil and clean wok with a plastic egg flip. Tip out water and you are right to continue..
- Add some more peanut oil and and stir fry veggies (carrot, capsicum, zucchini, cauliflower, peas and corn) for 3 minutes..
- Add sauces and spices. Stir well..
- Add cabbage and stir fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring all the while..
- When you are happy that veggies are cooked to your liking, return the cooked chicken- onion- noodles. Stir well and serve..
Chow Mein is usually relegated to being a side dish, but my fresh take on these classic Chinese-American noodles upgrades them to main dish status. With big chunks of juicy chicken and a rainbow. Yummy chicken chow mein with the best treatment of the tender thicken meat and the best combination of vegetables and mushrooms. It is much less greasy than Chinese takeout! You can also customize this recipe by substituting your favorite protein.