Mandarin Chicken Spring Rolls. Light, airy and crispy Chinese spring rolls – recipe from my Mom. Chicken spring rolls recipe – Quick to make, delicious to taste – These Chinese chicken spring rolls are one of the best you can make at home easily. Prepare a mixture of corn flour and water in a bowl.
These Chicken Spring Rolls are one of my favorite foods for a summer lunch. Heaps of refreshing vegetables, fresh mint, and chicken, all wrapped up in. These chicken spring rolls are stuffed with juicy chicken, crisp vegetables, and light tender rice noodles. Nowdays, you should can prepare Mandarin Chicken Spring Rolls using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mandarin Chicken Spring Rolls
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, boneless, skinless.
- It’s 1 of Toasted Sesame Dressing.
- You need 6 of lettuce (your favorite variety).
- You need 2 of bok choy.
- You need 6 of green onions.
- It’s 1 cup of mung bean sprouts (approx.).
- You need 1 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1 can of mandarin orange segments, drained.
- It’s 1 packages of rice paper spring roll wrappers.
- You need of toasted sesame seeds.
This dish is perfect for a light summer dinner, a beautiful appetizer for a party, or a healthy snack after a workout. Gluten Free Adaptable. Spring rolls are one of my favorite foods. They've got just the perfect blend of vegetables, noodles, and protein, all wrapped up together in a soft, chewy rice paper roll. Easy recipe with chunks of chicken coated in a sweet and salty brown glaze made with orange juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
Mandarin Chicken Spring Rolls instructions
- Marinade the chicken breasts in my Toasted Sesame Dressing for several hours or overnight. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340413-toasted-sesame-dressing.
- Cook the chicken breasts on a grill (best method) or under your broiler, basting frequently with the marinade. You want them cooked through with a tasty char on the outside. Chill completely when done cooking. (I do this the day before I want to make the spring rolls.).
- Slice the chilled chicken breasts in thin strips, and prepare and plate the rest of the ingredients as shown in the photo. The cucumber is partially peeled, seeded, and sliced in strips. The green onion tops are sliced in strips (I saved the white bottom part for a fried rice side dish)..
- Fill a rice paper water bowl (shown in the photo) or other container with warm water. Quickly moisten one rice paper wrap in the water. You don't want to leave it in long at all, just a few seconds to get it wet all over. It will still be somewhat stiff, but it continues to soften and become pliable as you're filling it..
- Lay the moistened rice paper on a plate and top it with the fillings..
- Roll it up tightly egg roll style..
- Serve with a dipping dish of Toasted Sesame Dressing with some toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top. Enjoy!.
- About Mung Bean Sprouts: If you have a reliable source for sprouts, I recommend buying them rather than sprouting your own. My grocer no longer carries them because they were frequently contaminated, which he said is a fairly common problem. So I sprout my own..
- It takes a full week to sprout the beans to a good size, as shown in the photo, rinsing and tending them 2 to 3 times a day. When fully sprouted, it's a tedious task to prep them my removing the sprouted seed and any root hairs. Took me over an hour to prep the amount shown in the photo..
- They're healthy and delicious, and I love them, so I don't mind the time and effort. But if I could buy safe sprouts at my market rather than sprouting my own I would!.
Mandarin Chicken – Easy Chinese recipe better than take out. Chunks of chicken coated in a brown glaze of orange juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Take the ingredients for Chinese chicken salad and stuff them into colorful, fresh rolls that are perfect for spring. This is very similar to the Mandarin chicken served in the malls, except I use white meat chicken. Boneless chicken thighs are what the restaurant uses.