Vegetarian Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole. This low carb chicken casserole recipe is made with grated cauliflower rice. It's baked with some cream, herbs, and a cheddar cheese topping. Vegan Cauliflower Casserole tastes just like fried cauliflower with a tangy garlicky tomato sauce.
Casseroles are among my favorite foods to eat (and least favorite foods to photograph, but that's neither here nor there). But so many of them are full of bacon, chicken, and ground beef. This casserole is inspired by a totally indulgent enchilada rice casserole, but is sneakily lightened up with the help of a bag of cauliflower rice. Nowdays, you should can make Vegetarian Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you boil it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole
- You need 2 cups of chopped cauliflower.
- You need 1 package of Quorn Meatless Pieces (https://www.quorn.us/products/quorn-meatless-chicken-pieces).
- It’s 4 slices of Lightlife Smoky Tempeh strips (https://lightlife.com/product/smoky-tempeh-strips/).
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of whole milk.
- It’s 2 TBSP of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 TBSP of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Olive Oil Spray.
Cooked Chicken- you will need fully cooked chicken. Chicken Cauliflower Casserole is an easy-to-make dish that is full of cheesy goodness while still being high in protein and low in carbs, calories, and fat. Cauliflower is nutritious, versatile, low in carbs, high in fiber, and has a mild enough flavor that it can blend perfectly into just about any dish. Serve a meal packed with flavor and nutrition.
Vegetarian Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole instructions
- Spray large pan with Olive Oil and add chicken pieces and chopped tempeh.
- Fry on medium high for approximately 20 minutes continuously mixing until all pieces are browned on all sides.
- In a separate pot, add the vegetable stock, cream cheese, milk, half of all the cheeses, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and stir on medium low heat until the mixture is smooth and all the cheese is melted (approximately 10 minutes).
- Place cauliflower in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes & then drain.
- Transfer cauliflower to casserole dish and add the chicken mixture and then the melted cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, broil for an additional 15 minutes or until the top gets browned..
This Paleo chicken and cauliflower rice casserole recipe is an easy low-carb meal. I will make again but will roast the cauliflower in the dush first before adding the other ingredients. No nutmeg and I'll substitute the coconut milk with more chicken. This easy chicken cauliflower casserole recipe makes a great potluck contribution because it covers all the major food groups. It doesn't get any better than our chicken cauliflower casserole recipe.