Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce.
Nowdays, you should can make Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- It’s of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of dry Marsala wine.
- You need 1 cup (8 ounces) of mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- It’s 12 ounces of dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce step by step
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.