Leeks and Potatoes. Add the leeks to the potatoes, and using the same pan in which you cooked the leeks, scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan with a mix of cream, garlic, thyme and nutmeg, pouring that over. Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and.
Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor. Little red potatoes are steamed and mixed with a buttery mixture of leeks and parsley. Roasted Potatoes and Leeks is a wonderful easy side dish to make. Nowdays, you should can boil Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- Prepare of Meat and vegetables.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 2 quart of water.
- Prepare of Precooked extras.
- It’s 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- Prepare 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- It’s of Spices.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Thickener and frying.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s To taste of salt.
You can make these easily with very little preparation. This simple side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a steak, pork. A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter.
Leeks and Potatoes instructions
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Scatter one-quarter of leeks over potatoes. These Leek and potato patties make delicious appetizers or an ideal side dish to accompany many meat dishes. Peel and slice the potatoes into very thin rounds. Layer half of the potatoes in the buttered dish, then layer half of the cooked leeks over the potatoes. Instead of burying the potatoes and leeks in cream, a drizzle of milk is added to every layer of the gratin; the potatoes get wonderfully crisp and tender, and the cheeses form a melty, golden crust.