Shepherd's Pie. This is a recipe for Cottage Pie. This is a recipe for Cottage Pie. Thank you, Dale Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat–turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. Nowdays, you should can prepare Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need of Minced meat.
- You need of Garlic.
- You need of Ginger.
- Prepare of Tomato.
- It’s of Onion.
- Prepare of Tomato paste.
- Prepare of Irish Potato.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese.
- You need of Whipping cream.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s cubes of Chicken.
- You need of Coconut cream.
Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas There is nothing more comforting than layers of creamy mashed potato smothering delicious meat in gravy – our shepherd's pie selection includes traditional and veggie recipes. So, this is how you spell it: Shepherd's Pie.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Wash and chop the ingredients and set aside..
- Boil the Potatoes in a separate sufuria..
- Cook the onions,ginger,garlic,tomato and tomato paste. Ensure you the sauce is juicy…
- Add the minced meat and after 15minutes pour in some coconut cream for taste and a creamy sauce..
- Pour in the minced stew in a casserole dish and then layer on top the creamy mashed potatoes..
- Drain the Potatoes and pour in some whipping cream and milk.(quantity is dependant on your guest)..
- Pre heat the oven..
- Grate the Cheddar cheese on top and bake..
- Enjoy your Shepherd's Pie…
But, from doing a quick google search, it came to my attention that TONS of people think it's Shepards Pie. Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie would actually call for ground lamb. The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes.