Orange Glazed Whole Chicken.
Nowdays, you should can have Orange Glazed Whole Chicken using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Glazed Whole Chicken
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken, washed, patted dry.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s of Glaze.
- Prepare 2 tbs of whole grain dijon mustard (or the smooth kind works).
- You need 1 of heaping tbs orange marmalade.
- It’s 1.5 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s of Zest of 1 orange.
- You need of Juice of 3 medium oranges (I used 4 mandarins).
- It’s 2 tsp of water.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Orange Glazed Whole Chicken step by step
- Set oven to 375°F..
- Wash, pat dry, rub down with olive oil then sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken. Set the chicken on a baking dish..
- Mix all ingredients for the glaze.
- Place one half of the oranges used into the chicken cavity..
- Pour half the sauce on the chicken and bake for 45 min.
- After 45 min, pour remaining sauce on the chicken..
- Glaze the chicken with the sauce every 25 min or so until chicken is cooked and juice runs clear. About 1hr 40 min for 2.5 lbs chicken.
- Serve with rice and steamed veg.