Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini. Once the spiralized zucchini has time to soak up the herby pesto sauce, this chicken and pesto pasta Using a spiral vegetable slicer, cut zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strands. Give the strands a chop I made pesto earlier in day and used walnuts instead of pine nuts cause I had in my pantry. Linguine with Walnut Pesto. by Faith Durand.
I like to vary this sauce. Season chicken strips with garlic powder and black pepper and add to skillet with onion/garlic mixture. When chicken is done, stir in pesto sauce Cook over medium heat until thickened. Nowdays, you should can prepare Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnut halves.
- Prepare 1 of packed cup basil leaves.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast halves.
- Prepare 2 of zucchini, cut into 1/2 in slices and quartered.
- You need 1 lb of dry linguine.
- You need 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
Drain cooked linguine and serve chicken and sauce over top. Stir pesto, chicken and cheese into linguine mixture; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Grilled Chicken, Sausage, Onions and Peppers over Linguine. Chicken With Zucchini and Pesto Over Angel Hair Pasta.
Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini step by step
- Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. Let the nuts toast for 2 minutes, shaking the pan often to move them around. Add the nuts to a food processor along with the basil, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pulse a dozen or so times until the pesto reaches a uniform and just slightly chunky consistency..
- Cover the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film or parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin or small heavy pot to pound the breasts until they're 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove the chicken to a plate to rest and wipe the pan clean. You'll need it again shortly. Put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Put the pan back on high heat and add a fresh splash of veg oil. Add the zucchini and fry until they start to caramelize and soften just a little, about 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. While you're cooking the zucchini, cook the linguine according to the package directions..
- Drag the cooked pasta from the pot to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of pesto as well as the cream, then toss to coat. If the pasta's too thick, add a ladle or so of the pasta cooking water. Plate the linguine, and top with the chicken breast and zucchini..
- Transfer any leftover pesto to a small container and top with a little extra virgin olive oil. Keep it in the fridge to be used again. Hint: it's amazing drizzled inside an omelette with a little cream cheese..
A creamy, flavorful but leaner fresh basil pesto tossed with piping hot pasta. Mongolian BBQ Chicken and Roasted Vegetables Mongolian BBQ Chicken and Roasted Vegetables. We love this easy Linguine with Creamy Walnut Sauce, based on a dish we ate near Genoa. Just throw the mascarpone and other sauce ingredients It was the same trip where we first tried pesto. I featured Mom's Pesto with Pecorino Romano here on the blog, but the creamy noce sauce remained.