Best Orange Chicken. Chinese Orange Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic orange sauce. The ultimate Chinese Orange Chicken Recipe which is way better than take-out. Orange Chicken is a classic Chinese-American take-out dish popularized by Panda Express.
Panda Express made this dish famous, and it's on most takeout menus alongside dishes like General Tso's Chicken. Thanks to a triple hit of orange, this is the best orange chicken recipe ever! It starts with savory marinated chicken that's fried until it's crisp on the. Nowdays, you should can produce Best Orange Chicken using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you prepare that.
Ingredients of Best Orange Chicken
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of chicken, cut in pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of pulp-free orange juice.
- You need 1/2 C of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 of tblsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 of tblsp cornstarch powder.
Great orange flavor – tastes similar to restaurant Crispy Orange Chicken. The marinated chicken was very good but all in all, too much work for the so-so result! Crispy chunks of deep-fried battered chicken in a sweet, sour, and savory glaze with complex orange flavor. The Chinese take-out classic, made in your own kitchen.
Best Orange Chicken step by step
- Dredge chicken in flour and fry lightly until just golden -do NOT use salt- then cover to keep warm and set aside…if you are using bone-in chicken the frying process will take a lot longer and frankly I don't recommend it.
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice and honey, whisk in the mustard and onion powder and Worcestershire…cook on medium high heat until it begins to bubble.
- Make a slurry of the cornstarch and a little cold water, stir into the sauce and continue cooking for a few minutes. You may need to add another teaspoon of slurry -the goal is to thicken the sauce so it coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the cooked chicken and turn to coat..I like to let it stay in the sauce long enough to get medium hot.
- And there you have it! There is plenty of sauce to both coat the chicken and have enough to drizzle over rice or noodles…ENJOY!! ❤️❤️.
This crispy, tangy orange chicken is so much better than Panda. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Get the best of Chinese Orange Chicken takeout at home! This recipe is loaded with sweet citrus flavors, sesame seeds, and scallions. Panda Express Orange Chicken with tender chicken thighs fried crisp and tossed in a magical Panda Express Orange Chicken is the most popular recipe on the Panda Express menu and I'm sure.