Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup.
Nowdays, you should can boil Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- It’s of Kale.
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 1 lb of dry lentils.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- It’s 1 of serrano.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of med sweet onion.
- Prepare of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Chile powder.
- It’s of Cayenne powder.
- It’s of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- You need of Paprika.
- You need of Celery seed.
- Prepare 3 qt of broth.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup step by step
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..