Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives. Imbued with the classic Mediterranean flavors of artichokes, garlic, mint and olives, this braised chicken is complex and highly satisfying, with a white wine sauce brightened with lemon. The flavors of the Mediterranean spruce up this homey, braised chicken dish served over a bed of orzo. All Reviews for Braised Chicken With Artichokes, Olives, and Lemon.
We've combined chicken and artichoke hearts and olives here before, in a hearty Italian stew adapted from the "Hedgebrook Cookbook: Celebrating For the braising liquid, I used a mix of apple juice and chicken broth. I like this sly nod to autumn. Honestly, though, with a side of mashed. Nowdays, you should can prepare Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives
- It’s 2 of Lemons.
- You need 4 of medium artichokes, about 1 1/2 pounds (I used 3 12 oz cans for this recipe).
- Prepare 3 1/2 pounds of bone in chicken pieces.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion, quartered.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extravirgin olive oil, more as.
- You need of needed.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves, smashed and peeled.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of pitted olives, halved (use black, green.
- You need of or a mix).
- You need 2 of large rosemary branches.
- You need 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- You need of Chives or mint leaves, for garnish (optional).
In this braised chicken recipe, artichoke hearts are combined with chicken, chickpeas, and olives to create a rich, nourishing stew. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, working in batches if necessary, and cook until well browned on each side. Learn how to make Braised Chicken Thighs with Artichokes and Greek Olives.
Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives step by step
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a large (12 inch) ovenproof skillet with a lid (or a large pot). Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and sear in batches until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate..
- Add artichokes, onion and garlic to pan, adding more oil if needed, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute more..
- Pour in wine and stir in olives, rosemary branches and grated zest of 1/2 lemon (do not discard after zesting). Return chicken to pan. Bring liquid to a simmer..
- Cover pan and transfer to oven. Cook until chicken is tender, 30 to 35 minutes (check white meat after 25 minutes and remove from oven if done). Transfer chicken to a plate and place skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until pan juices thicken and become sauce like, about 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in butter..
- Squeeze juice of remaining lemon half over pan and serve garnished with chives or mint if you like. Serve with rice because the sauce is really good!.
Add in the artichoke hearts, olives and broth. Pat the chicken dry and season salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium-high heat. Recipe Pairing Guides » Chicken Recipes » Braised Chicken with Artichokes and Olives. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium-high heat.