Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes. Allstar Mediterranean chicken recipe that is healthy, bright & packed with classics like garlic, lemon, tomato and olives. One-Skillet Mediterranean Chicken Recipe with Tomatoes and Green Olives. Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Capers and Tomatoes.
Tomatoes and peppers lend to the eye-catching color of this fast-to-fix stew. The mild seasonings will appeal to everyone's Stir in the tomatoes, peppers, olives, salt and oregano; bring to a boil. This hearty stew uses lean white chicken meat and chopped escarole in a well-spiced tomato sauce for its flavor. Nowdays, you should can make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you make that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes
- It’s 3 pounds of chicken pieces (I like bone-in, skin on).
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, cut into 1/2" wide slices.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 3 of fresh tomatoes, cut into sixths.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh).
- Prepare 2 cups of unsalted liquid (any combo of water, dry white wine, or chicken or veg stock).
- Prepare 12 of olives.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of olive brine.
- You need of zest of half a lemon (optional).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- You need of chopped fresh parsley for finishing.
Browning the chicken adds another layer of flavor to this hearty stew. Mediterranean Chicken Stew. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Buy the ingredients for our Mediterranean lamb stew with olives recipe from Tesco today. Browning the chicken adds another layer of flavor to this hearty stew.
Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes step by step
- Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and then dust on both sides with the flour..
- Preheat pot to medium high, add oil, then brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes a side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside..
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes until onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes, bay, oregano, and lemon zest, give it a stir, and let the herbs bloom for a minute or so..
- Add the chicken back along with olives, olive brine, liquid (stock or water). Give it a gentle stir and adjust salt seasoning if needed. Turn heat down to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add potatoes and try to submerge them as under the liquid as much as you can. You might like to add another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt to lend a little extra seasoning for the potatoes. Simmer, with lid askew for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (and maybe add a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing onto the chicken right before eating). Enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. :).
The stew-like tomato sauce can be eaten on its own, if you wish. Sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and artichokes are classics, but feel free to substitute any veggies and cheese you have on hand. Mine is roasted chicken thighs or quarters with crispy chicken skin. Brown it on the stove, throw it in the oven, and (im)patiently wait for it to bake. Roasted chicken is a blank canvas for flavor, so after some brainstorming, I came up with Mediterranean Roasted Chicken Thighs with olives, tomatoes.