Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Remove chicken from bag, discarding remaining marinade. This one will be ready in no time!
To make this keto friendly use an Keto Italian dressing. You may also like these other keto friendly meals, so tender (thanks to a genius and easy tenderizing technique. Italian Dressing Chicken Italian Dressing Chicken Ingredients. Nowdays, you should can have Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you brew that.
Ingredients of Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Prepare of For the chicken:.
- Prepare 3 lbs of bone-in, skin-on chicken drums and/or thighs, scored twice on the skin side, down to the bone, about 2"long and 1" apart.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Italian dressing (well shaken) + 1 teaspoon garlic salt mixed in a small bowl.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated dry cheese (like Parmesan, Asiago, Manchego, etc…).
- Prepare of For the fresh tomato sauce:.
- You need 2 of baskets grape or cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups).
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of dried Italian herbs OR 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (if needed to round out the acid in the dressing).
Chicken – My preference for this recipe is bone-in chicken thighs with skin. The meat comes out tender and juicy, while the skin browns and crisps beautifully. Drumsticks are also a great option. You can use boneless cuts or breast meat as well.
Easy Italian Dressing Roast Chicken & Fresh Tomato Sauce step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and dressing mixture and toss gently several times to coat the chicken thoroughly. Take some of the run off dressing mixture and work it into each score. Let the chicken sit while you're preparing the tomato sauce components..
- In your roasting pan, add all the tomato sauce components and give them a few good stirs to evenly distribute all the ingredients and seasonings..
- Lay your chicken skin side up atop the tomato mixture, leaving a little space between the pieces. Make sure to put any leftover marinade into the pan, too..
- Pop the pan into the middle rack of the oven, turn it up to 425F, set the timer for 60 minutes, and sometime in the next 60 minutes, boil whatever pasta you'd like to have with your tomato sauce, drain, toss it with a teaspoon or so of olive oil so it won't stick, and set it aside. I'm a big fan of the cold, shallow water method..
- After 60 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese in equal portions atop the chicken pieces, and put it back on the top rack of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. (Check at the 10 minute mark to see if it's done to your liking or if it could use just a few more minutes in the oven.).
- I like to put the chicken on its own platter and serve the pasta on the side and just spoon the tomato sauce, broth and all, over the pasta..
Line a large baking tray or half sheet pan with foil and place all the chicken pieces on it, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and spices and flip each piece skin side up. Chicken, Italian dressing mix, green beans, and potatoes. However, whoever came up with it deserves all the credit in the world because this is… INCREDIBLE! Transfer the roasted potatoes and chicken to the serving dish of cooked carrots.