Moroccan Roast Chicken Drumsticks. Great recipe for Moroccan Roast Chicken Drumsticks. The spice combination is absolutely delightful. All it actually takes is some simple prep, mixing and then marinating of the chicken.
Trim the excess fat of chicken if any. Place the chicken in a ovenproof. Spoon onions and lemon over the chicken. Nowdays, you should can have Moroccan Roast Chicken Drumsticks using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Roast Chicken Drumsticks
- You need 8 of large chicken drumsticks.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken seasoning.
- It’s 1 dash of salt, black pepper, sugar (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
Add stock to casserole dish and sprinkle with apricots and olives. Place the chicken in a shallow casserole dish and cover with paste mixture. Turn the chicken pieces, ensuring they are evenly coated with the mixture. Add the remaining lemon, cut lengthways into eighths, and the olives.
Moroccan Roast Chicken Drumsticks instructions
- Wash chicken drumsticks and poke holes into the drumsticks with a fork or knife, especially near the bone. This ensures meat near the bone is nicely marinated and cooked..
- In a mixing bowl, mix melted butter, cooking oil, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground turmeric, paprika, chicken seasoning, salt, pepper and sugar together..
- Coat the chicken drumsticks well with the marinade. Marinade in fridge for 2 hours or more. Overnight is best.
- Preheat oven to about 160 – 170 degrees and pop chicken drumsticks into the oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour; turn them around to cook the chicken evenly.
- Remove and serve with preferred sauces : chili sauce, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, sriracha sauce, etc.
Great recipe for Moroccan Roast Chicken Drumsticks. The spice combination is absolutely delightful. All it actually takes is some simple prep, mixing and then marinating of the chicken. You can also use a whole chicken or chicken pieces, cooking time will then differ accordingly. Add drumsticks (space enough apart so they aren't touching each other).