Shepherd's Pie (my version).
Nowdays, you should can make Shepherd's Pie (my version) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie (my version)
- You need 6 of russet potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters.
- You need 1 of ground meat ( i used ground chicken breast), seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, fresh garlic and dill.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of cup of corn, frozen or fresh (was what i had, but you can add any veggies you like).
- Prepare 1/3 of cup of crumbled cooked bacon.
- You need 2 of cups italian blend cheese, divided.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp. margarine.
- It’s 1 of milk to mash the potatoes.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, mashed.
Shepherd's Pie (my version) step by step
- Cook potatoes in a boiler with salted water. Let cook until tender. Drain. Keep the lid on so they stay hot, it will be easier to mash..
- Meanwhile start cooking the meat. Add the onions, bacon, garlic and corn when meat is almost done..
- Add milk, margarine and garlic cloves to the potatoes. Start mashing, add 1 cup of the cheese. The potatoes should be soft and creamy..
- In a pan (i used an 8×8) sprayed with canola oil put half of the mashed potatoes, then add the meat then the rest of potatoes. Top with the other cup of cheese. Put on oven at 400F, for 20 minutes or cheese is golden brown..