Leeks and Potatoes. Add the leeks to the potatoes, and using the same pan in which you cooked the leeks, scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan with a mix of cream, garlic, thyme and nutmeg, pouring that over. Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and.
Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor. Little red potatoes are steamed and mixed with a buttery mixture of leeks and parsley. Elevate your weeknight or 'company' dinner by adding leeks and fresh parsley to buttered potatoes! Nowdays, you should can prepare Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- It’s 2 of large leeks.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 2 quart of water.
- You need of Precooked extras.
- It’s 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- You need 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It’s of Meatballs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Thickener and frying.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need To taste of salt.
Roasted Potatoes and Leeks is a wonderful easy side dish to make. You can make these easily with very little preparation. Peel and slice the potatoes into very thin rounds. Layer half of the potatoes in the buttered dish, then layer half of the cooked leeks over the potatoes.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter. Scatter one-quarter of leeks over potatoes. These Leek and potato patties make delicious appetizers or an ideal side dish to accompany many meat dishes. My family has enjoyed my Grandpa's Potato Leek Soup recipe for years.