Authentic Onion Gratin Soup.
Nowdays, you should can produce Authentic Onion Gratin Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you cook it.
Ingredients of Authentic Onion Gratin Soup
- You need of For the onion soup:.
- It’s 2 of Onion (medium).
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- You need 600 ml of ☆Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ☆Sake.
- You need 2 of cubes ☆Chicken consommé cubes.
- You need 1 of ☆Salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the baguette / garlic toast:.
- Prepare 4 of cm Baguette.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of pat Butter.
- You need of For the topping:.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Fresh parsley.
Authentic Onion Gratin Soup step by step
- Thinly slice the onion lengthwise. Melt the butter in a deep pan and lightly sauté the onion. Cover and simmer over medium to high heat for about 10 minutes..
- Uncover and sauté for 5 minutes. *Scrape the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan..
- Cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add the water, sake, and chicken consommé cubes (break up the cubes before adding), and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and adjust the saltiness. The soup base is done..
- While the soup is still hot, transfer to heat-resistant bowls and top with the garlic bread ( see Step 7) and cheese. You can also use a lightly toasted baguette instead of garlic bread..
- Preheat the oven and bake at 180℃ for about 15 minutes or bake in the toaster oven for about 7 minutes. It's ready when the tops are browned. It's easier to bake in the toaster oven if you're just preparing 1 or 2 serving(s)..
- <For the baguette> Cut the garlic clove in half. Rub a 1 cm thick slice of baguette with the cut side of the garlic. Thinly spread butter and toast in a toaster oven..
- Make a large batch, and store the caramelized onions and garlic bread in the freezer for later use. (To defrost the toast, put it in the refrigerator overnight.).
- The reason for baking is to melt the cheese and brown the top; this could be done with either an oven or a toaster oven..
- The baguettes that have absorbed the soup and the melted cheese on top taste amazing! I used small slices of baguettes and put 2 in each bowl..