Macaroni Gratin with Soy Milk & Rice Flour. This deliciously moist macaroni gratin is a far cry from American macaroni and cheese. Cook macaroni in boiling water with salt according to the package. This week's Recipe is Macaroni Au Gratin ( Baked Macaroni And Cheese).
Guichard cooks the pasta in milk, then cools the cooking liquid down with ice cubes, a technique that keeps the macaroni from drying out. The dish can be served as a main-course pasta. Spilled Milk Macaroni and CheeseKirbie's Cravings. Nowdays, you should can produce Macaroni Gratin with Soy Milk & Rice Flour using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you make it.
Ingredients of Macaroni Gratin with Soy Milk & Rice Flour
- Prepare 150 grams of Macaroni.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 150 grams of Chicken.
- Prepare 150 grams of Onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake or White wine.
- Prepare 50 grams of Rice flour.
- You need 400 ml of Soy milk.
- Prepare 2 of Soup stock cubes.
- You need 300 ml of Boiling water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of A) Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of A) Pepper.
- Prepare 2 pinch of A) Sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of A) Nutmeg.
- Prepare 40 grams of x 4 Pizza cheese.
- You need 2 grams of x 4 Panko.
Cook the macaroni as directed on packet. Make a white sauce with the butter, flour and milk. Place a layer of macaroni in a greased casserole, then a layer of cheese and sliced green. Macaroni Gratin is a recipe introduced in Cooking Mama.
Macaroni Gratin with Soy Milk & Rice Flour instructions
- Slice the onions and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Boil the macaroni in water with plenty of salt. Dissolve the soup stock cube in the boiling water..
- Oil a large frying pan with olive oil and cook the chicken. Pour over the sake. When the chicken heats up, move it to the sides of the frying pan and add the onion to the centre..
- Once the onion is heated, add the rice flour and stir fry. Pour in the soy milk and soup stock, and once the liquid has thickened, add in the seasoning marked with "A". Give it a taste-test!.
- When the macaroni has boiled, add it into the pan and allow the flavours to blend. After checking that the thickness and flavour are to your taste, transfer the mixture into some thinly oiled gratin dishes..
- Sprinkle some pizza cheese and panko over the top and bake in a toaster oven to complete..
A gratin is a way of preparing a dish with a browned topping, usually composed of breadcrumbs or small pieces of cheese. Macaroni are small, elbow-shaped pieces of pasta. Well there is no problem in putting soy milk in to macaroni and cheese. It might taste a bit different, but in cooking your suppose to put your own little twist i've made "vegan poutine" before with soy-based cheese and mushroom-based gravy. but it didn't taste the same as poutine with cow's milk cheese. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly (a whisk works well).