Shepherds pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The recipe has many variations, but the defining.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Nowdays, you should can have Shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- It’s 2 of carrots diced.
- It’s 200 gms of mince meat.
- You need 3 tbs of tomato paste.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions diced.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes diced.
- It’s 2 tbs of garlic butter.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken /beef stock.
- You need 2 of beef cubes.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. This is a dish I grew up on and loved it everytime my mom made it. It's a British classic and all Shepherd's Pie Recipe. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.
Shepherds pie instructions
- Take the mince and put in a large pan and heat till dry and browned ad salt and pepper (6-7mins).
- Add tomatoes and let cook add onions and garlic. Add tomato paste and seasoning.
- Add the stock and simmer for a few minutes add carrots and put of heat..
- In a casserole add the mixture and top with the mashed potatoes.
- In a preheated oven bake till crust is golden brown..
Make this easy shepherd's pie of a wintry evening – comfort food at its best..most delicious Shepherd's Pie" she had ever had, Danielle knew Shepherd's Pie needed to be part of I wasn't quite sure what the fam would think about Shepherd's Pie. My kids had never eaten it. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.