Shepherd's pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The recipe has many variations, but the defining.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Nowdays, you should can make Shepherd's pie using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you brew it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- Prepare 1.1 of /2 kg chicken Mince.
- You need 600 g of mix vegetables.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt or per taste.
- It’s 2 tsp of coarse black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 8 tsp of Bisto gravy granules.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Mash Potatoes for topping.
- It’s of Grated cheddar cheese for topping.
This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes.
Shepherd's pie instructions
- Heat the oil into the pan add meat and cook until all the water dry up.then add all the spices and salt and pepper.cook for 1min,then add all the vegetables mix well. Cook until vegetables are cooked..
- Add gravy granules and as much boiling water as you need for the mixture to be thick and well combined..
- Put the mixture in the baking dish.make the mash potatoes and spread it on the mixture.add the cheese on top and bake it in the oven at 180°c for 30 minutes..
- Serve hot with some gravy and mix salad..
Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. This lightened up Shepherd's Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there! Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. You likely know Shepherd's pie as a homey, comforting casserole — one that combines a flavorful stew of ground beef, peas, carrots (and sometimes corn) with mountains of creamy mashed potatoes.